URGENT HELP NEEDED, PLEASE! ON OBELIX AND CO. COMIC!

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Colombe

URGENT HELP NEEDED, PLEASE! ON OBELIX AND CO. COMIC!

Beitrag: # 14449Beitrag Colombe »

Hi, everybody ! First of all, sorry if I make any English mistakes, but I'm Spanish... I'm working on a paper about the translation procedures in Asterix and Obelix comics. I'm staying on Erasmus in France for the whole year, and i haven't managed to find the "Obelix and Co." album here in English... I need to know how a pun in translated... It's what Ignorium says on page 10, on the very bottom on the left-hand side. What he says in French is: " LÉGIONNAIRES ! NOUS ALLONS RASER CE VILLAGE INSOLENT ! À L'ATTAQUE ! NE FAITES PAS DE CADEAU ! " How is all that transalted in English?? If somebody could help me, i would be really really grateful ! Thank you so much in advance!
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED, PLEASE! ON OBELIX AND CO. COMIC!

Beitrag: # 14451Beitrag Erik »

Hello Colombe,
Colombe hat geschrieben:It's what Ignorium says on page 10, on the very bottom on the left-hand side. What he says in French is: " LÉGIONNAIRES ! NOUS ALLONS RASER CE VILLAGE INSOLENT ! À L'ATTAQUE ! NE FAITES PAS DE CADEAU ! " How is all that transalted in English??
In English it is: "Men, we shall raze the village of these insolent gauls to the ground! Charge! There aren't many of them... it's a gift!"

I can't tell you, whether there is a pun or not, as I am no native-speaker as well...

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Colombe

Beitrag: # 14452Beitrag Colombe »

Oh my God! I owe you one! DANKE SCHÖN, Erik!!!!!!! It's so nice of you to have replied back, (and so fast!) i was desperate! Thank you so much! :smile:
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED, PLEASE! ON OBELIX AND CO. COMIC!

Beitrag: # 14454Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

only a small addition:
Colombe hat geschrieben:It's what Ignorium says
his correct english name is Ignoramus. Have a look at the official Asterix site: http://gb.asterix.com/cgi-local/fichepers.pl?np=r01

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Colombe

Beitrag: # 14456Beitrag Colombe »

Would you PLEASE tell me how another things are translated there?? I'm really abusing of your help, i know... I don't want to take up much of your time, so just do it if u don't have anything else to do. Thank you so much 4 the comment as well!

Page 13- panel 1- what the fat white-haired man says: N'ÉCOUTE PAS CE NÉARQUE, CÉSAR !
Page 25- panel 2 - what Impedimenta says: TU PEUX BIEN ME DÉPOSER AVEC LE PAVOIS ! And what his husband replies: MAIS ENFIN, MIMINE, C'EST UN PAVOIS DE FONCTION !
Same page- panel 6 - ON PEUT PAYER EN POISSONS ? -FRANCHEMENT, JE PRÉFÈRE DE L'ARGENT FRAIS.
Page 26- panel 3 - OH OUI, ÇA Y EN ÊTRE... MAIS... MAIS SI JE TE VENDS MON CHARIOT ET MES BOEUFS, JE PERDS MON GANGNE-SANGLIER.
Page 30- panel 1- what Asterix says: OH, IL NE FAUT PAS ÊTRE GRAND DRUIDE POUR APPRENDRE.
Page 34- panel 9- what Astérix says.
Page 35- panel 4- The 1st sentence that Ceasar says.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ANYWAY!!!!!!
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Beitrag: # 14457Beitrag Erik »

Hello,
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 13- panel 1- what the fat white-haired man says: N'ÉCOUTE PAS CE NÉARQUE, CÉSAR !
he says: Don't listen to him, o Caesar. What we need is a think tank..."
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 25- panel 2 - what Impedimenta says: TU PEUX BIEN ME DÉPOSER AVEC LE PAVOIS ! And what his husband replies: MAIS ENFIN, MIMINE, C'EST UN PAVOIS DE FONCTION !
Impedimenta: "Stop arguing! The pedlar's here, and just for once you can drop me off on the shield!"
Vitalstatistix: "But Pedimenda darling, it's my official shield!
Colombe hat geschrieben:Same page- panel 6 - ON PEUT PAYER EN POISSONS ? -FRANCHEMENT, JE PRÉFÈRE DE L'ARGENT FRAIS.
Unhygienix: "Can I pay in fish?"
Woolix: "All right. This isn't the time and place to carp!"
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 26- panel 3 - OH OUI, ÇA Y EN ÊTRE... MAIS... MAIS SI JE TE VENDS MON CHARIOT ET MES BOEUFS, JE PERDS MON GANGNE-SANGLIER.
Woolix: "Yes, me savvy... I mean... But if I sell my cart and oxen how can I support my family? I'm the only boarwinner."
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 30- panel 1- what Asterix says: OH, IL NE FAUT PAS ÊTRE GRAND DRUIDE POUR APPRENDRE.
He says: "Oh, you don't need a druid's degree to learn."
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 34- panel 9- what Astérix says.
He says: "The Romans' troubles aren't over. They'll find us and our menhirs though nuts to crack!"
Colombe hat geschrieben:Page 35- panel 4- The 1st sentence that Ceasar says.
He says: "Young man, I make the classical remarks around here, alea jacta est and all that, and what's more, you haven't answered my question: What am I supposed to do with all these menhirs?"

Hmm... There is no further sentence in this speech bubble, I'm afraid. Anyway, I hope this could help you. :)

Regards
Erik
Colombe

Beitrag: # 14458Beitrag Colombe »

VIELEN DANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't imagine how much you've helped me! THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Antworten