The Asterix Grand Collection and Asterix Omnibus Collection

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Gast

The Asterix Grand Collection and Asterix Omnibus Collection

Beitrag: # 22711Beitrag Gast »

Hi there. I was just wondering if The Asterix Grand Collection on the official website will eventually be translated, or if its just a thing for Europe if you know what i mean. Also, is the Asterix Omnibus collection like the The Asterix Grand Collection except in english? Or is it something completely different.

Also, could anyone tell me where I can obtain the full Asterix Omnibus collection? Im situated in Australia and there seems to be no local sellers of the entire collection.

Thanks for all your help!
Jochgem
AsterIX Elder Council Member
Re: The Asterix Grand Collection and Asterix Omnibus Collection

Beitrag: # 22712Beitrag Jochgem »

The Grand Collection exists only in French and German at the moment. We did not hear about firm plans for an adaptation in English. This edition is digitally remastered (isn't that the name for records?) and is printed in large format. The (new) Omnibus books do not seem to be in Grand size, but I do not know what version of the comic (colours, lettering) is used. So far only few books of the Omnibus have appeared (according to Amazon) so living in Australia is not a real handicap in that respect :)
We hope they will complete both series. Here in NL they started a hardcover edition with new translation, which unfortunately was discontinued. Probably not enough customers.

Jochgem
Hendrik Jan

Asterix in 100+ translations at: http://www.asterix-obelix.nl/manylanguages
Antworten