If You Had To Create A New Asterix Character...

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

If You Had To Create A New Asterix Character...

Beitrag: # 4464Beitrag 1010 »

...who would it be and what would they be like?

PS.  I'm new, hi!

Re: If You Had To Create A New Asterix Character..

Beitrag: # 4465Beitrag 1010 »

Dude I would so make a talking fish. Click the Fish DUDE!!!!!

Rob

Beitrag: # 4466Beitrag Rob »

Been done, what about Codfix :)
germ_aka_Jermayn

Beitrag: # 4467Beitrag germ_aka_Jermayn »

If I was to create a new character!!

I would create a female version of Obelix!! This way Obelix could get married and stop trying to chase married women (ie: Panacea)
invisifan

Beitrag: # 4468Beitrag invisifan »

[quote author=Jermayn Parker link=board=general;num=1097669644;start=0#3 date=10/14/04 at 04:45:02]Obelix could get married and stop trying to chase married women (ie: Panacea)[/quote]

Panacea?  ??? what about Mrs Geriatrix? ;)
MantisQueen

Beitrag: # 4469Beitrag MantisQueen »

[quote author=Jermayn Parker link=board=general;num=1097669644;start=0#3 date=10/14/04 at 04:45:02]If I was to create a new character!!

I would create a female version of Obelix!! This way Obelix could get married and stop trying to chase married women (ie: Panacea)[/quote]
That's a point...  We know from Class Act that Obelix eventually has kiddies.

Personally I would like to see a female version of Asterix... but something tells me he might be a bechelor for the rest of his life - hard to go on dangerous missions with someone worrying at home.

Perhaps the very last Asterix book Uderzo will ever make will see him get a ball and chain...  I mean, live happily ever after with a pretty little wife - though Asterix seems to like taller women (Panacea, Latraviata).
Maik

Beitrag: # 4470Beitrag Maik »

Yes, one more female charecter would be greait.

Maby some more teen-age charecter's (like Justforkidx)would be greait as well.
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 10777Beitrag SingingGandalf »

What about a Roman who defects to the Gaulish cause! He could become Getafix's assistant. I wouldn't have him being a spy though, he would honestly like the Gauls.
Sofie

Beitrag: # 10781Beitrag Sofie »

I would certainly like to see a girl for Asterix. Somehow, I feel he is a lot more difficult to create a girl for than Obelix, who easily falls in love and takes a liking for people in general.

However, how should a girl for Asterix be like? In appearance I can think something up, but in character. Should she be as stubborn as he is, or rather easy-going? Should she be as shy towards the other sex, or a little bit more forwar. She should be smart, have a sense of humour, that's for sure. Should she be cute, or rather a firm character. I really have know idea what it would take for Asterix to be interested in a girl. I would prefer it if she took a liking for him first, because Asterix losing his head is something I think most of us don't want to see again (thinking latraviata and dolphins).

Some thought went into this already :). It doesn't surprise me that Uderzo hasn't matched him with someone yet, it's just very difficult to find someone for him, even if you can create her yourself. What do you guys think, can you think up a perfect match for Asterix or will he be a bachelor forever?

kisses, sofie
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 10789Beitrag SingingGandalf »

Sofie hat geschrieben:What do you guys think, can you think up a perfect match for Asterix or will he be a bachelor forever?
Uderzo's getting old. We may only have one adventure left, if that. :cry: While it would make a definate ending to the series, by marrying Asterix off, but would we want to waste our final adventure on pairing Asterix off. I think that there can be a much better ending.
MantisQueen

Beitrag: # 10795Beitrag MantisQueen »

Sofie hat geschrieben:However, how should a girl for Asterix be like? In appearance I can think something up, but in character. Should she be as stubborn as he is, or rather easy-going? Should she be as shy towards the other sex, or a little bit more forwar. She should be smart, have a sense of humour, that's for sure. Should she be cute, or rather a firm character. I really have know idea what it would take for Asterix to be interested in a girl. I would prefer it if she took a liking for him first, because Asterix losing his head is something I think most of us don't want to see again (thinking latraviata and dolphins).
What do you guys think, can you think up a perfect match for Asterix or will he be a bachelor forever?
Asterix is so busy saving the village/world that he either needs a little woman waiting faithfully at home (blegh! they'd never see each other) or someone with a more forceful personality who might be able to share his adventures with him; he'd never let someone join him in a dangerous mission if he did not think they could handle it (or unless absolutely necessary). Realistically, Uderzo would not add a character who would mess up the Asterix/Obelix (and Dogmatix!) boysclub, but we're all talking hypothetically, so NYAH!

I think Bravura has the right personality ... shame about her approach! Her actions made him suspect that the she was a danger to the village (there he goes, saving everyone from themselves again) and so Asterix treated her ... er ... poorly. But we see towards the end of the adventure that they make a pretty good team. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone except for the druid and occasionally Obelix who is good at coming up with and implementing plans with Asterix.

A woman would have to be quite persistant to get Asterix's attention (he'll greet women kindly or dance with a girl IN A GROUP but seems more interested in Obelix's love life than his own). However, if she were too forward Asterix may feel threatened (sometimes I feel that he angered so quickly with Bravura and jumped to conclusions because he hadn't had time to process her attention).

ps: this feels like a Perfect Match thread for Asterix now, rather than a new character thread. :P
Sofie

Beitrag: # 10805Beitrag Sofie »

ps: this feels like a Perfect Match thread for Asterix now, rather than a new character thread.
I don't really care :P Anyway, it still comes down to adding a new character, cause although I agree Bravura may be fitting his personality somewhat, I think she's simply to ambitious to live her life in a small village. Any woman that couldn't handle herself wouldn't succeed in drawing Asterix' attention and any woman who did would indeed mess up the Asterix/Obelix duo. So if Uderzo would ever add this kind of character it would mean the end of the series (or an unhappy lovestory for Asterix of course).

I've been thinking of any other new characters I would like to see. It would have to be an individual, because in the new film I think too much attention goes too Goudurix/Abba.Though I think Asterix and Obelix discussing education was hilarious. There always hilarious when discussing something :-D

Maybe some sort of Ninja-like character would be interesting (female or male) Actually I would like any character who sets them off for a journey. Preferably to some exotic country like Russia, China or Japan. A magician needing Getafix' help would also be interesting. or a witch. When I say witch or magician I'm not thinking Harry Potter (thought I like the books) but something more subtle. Subtle seems to be a word that has been wiped out of Uderzo's dictionary lately, so any new character that's not an alien is fine by me.[/list][/code]
miruvor

Beitrag: # 10807Beitrag miruvor »

'Her actions made him suspect that the she was a danger to the village (there he goes, saving everyone from themselves again) and so Asterix treated her ... er ... poorly.'

Then again, I always felt that she treated him rather poorly. She knew he wasn't interested, and yet she still bothers/harrasses him. There were some places where she's deliberately provoking him as well. It wasn't right for him to hit her, but I'm always surprised that some feminists don't realise that they are campaigning to be considered the exact equals of men. If a man was harrassing a woman, it would be more acceptable in the eyes of the world (at least to some) for her to slap or punch him than a man hitting a woman. When the womens' legion starts beating up male soldiers, no-one protests. It's the same kind of thing with humans and animals- a human hitting an animal would be unacceptable, but an animal hitting a human is considered fine in comics and films and so on. I'm not trying to target anyone on the board or anything, just my point of view. She's quite an admirable character really, in that she's striving for equality thousands of years before we finally supposedly got it.

But anyway, I think this is maybe to serious for an Asterix board. :grin: I suppose some kind of magical character would be cool, but subtle magic, when you hardly know it's there. But then again, like someone said before, Uderzo isn't really into subtle about now.
Sofie

Beitrag: # 10832Beitrag Sofie »

I was just imagining it would be interesting to see a female character on the bad side again. Like a master-thief for example, stealing asterix' gourd of magic potion. It would be interesting to see him deal with that, because he can't let someone get away with stealing it, but he will think twice about hitting a woman again too.
Or some (subtle) gothic girl supporting the romance using (subtle) magic.
I like more women in the series :oops: (though I dislike Asterix in Asterix and the Actress, talk about running after the facts). Anyway, I'm not pretending to have ideas that would actually fit in the series, I just like imagining.
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 10838Beitrag SingingGandalf »

Asterix's sister might be an idea? He could marry her ~ then find out she was his long lost sister!!!
Antworten