movie cover for the comic

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
Jochgem
AsterIX Elder Council Member
movie cover for the comic

Beitrag: # 42843Beitrag Jochgem »

Spotted on amazon a new cover (which I like!) to celebrate the live movie "On Her Majesty's Service" (which I less like).

Bild

As our site Many Languages collects the covers of the books in all various translations, I would like to propose a form of crowd sourcing: can you find other translations?
It will also help to see which publishers are still "active". I certainly expect France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

First contribution: Hungary.

PS. Did I mention Portugal?
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild
Hendrik Jan

Asterix in 100+ translations at: http://www.asterix-obelix.nl/manylanguages
Maulaf
AsterIX Druid

Re: movie cover for the comic

Beitrag: # 42851Beitrag Maulaf »

Hi Hendrik-Jan,
in Germany we also have the new cover, I will send the scan to your email address,
kind regards
Gregor
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Jochgem
AsterIX Elder Council Member

Beitrag: # 42852Beitrag Jochgem »

Thanks! I only found a small version of that picture. Now I am happy!
Hendrik Jan

Asterix in 100+ translations at: http://www.asterix-obelix.nl/manylanguages
Maik

Beitrag: # 43625Beitrag Maik »

The new cover is ok, but like the old one much more...

I've seen the movie and I like it however I have to admit it has some serious problems.

For the most part is funny, the dialogs are clever (In Polish dubb anny way) and I like how much they manage to have with smaller budget then previous Asterix movies... However as I was watching it I got the filling that there are some parts the directors strongly wanted to addapt... and some he honestly didn't care for.

Some changes feflt distracting (ignoring the fact Asterix and Anticlimax are related, not showing Getafix in the movie at all which was just bizzare) and there where few jokes that not only where painfully bad but felt complitly not-Asterix. There is a subplot/running joke in the movie where characters ceep asking Asterix and Obelix are they gay (no-joke) since they live together which was just odd to hear in Asterix and wasn't that funny on its own. In fact Asterix got strongly out-off character at moment hitting on every girl he meet just to show others his no gay... that just wird! Now I woudn't mind a gay joke in Asterix (the seonc movie had one or two) but this was just too in-your face and felt forced... Asterix himself was out-off character most of the time hiting on every girl he meet. I also hot filling that director know most people read the book (or seen the animated version) so he glance over some parts just to show his new additions which where hit and miss.

Over all - I would consider this movie very good if not few parts which eaither felt disrespectfull to the comic books or just waren't funny and felt too childish for Asterix. Those parts only make for about 30% of overall movie but still that was enough to like it less then I was hoping for. I still find it waaay better then "Asterix and the Olympic games"

P.S. New characters of Anticlimax girfreind and her nanny where supprisingly funny.
Antworten