Were books made of the live action films?

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
SingingGandalf

Were books made of the live action films?

Beitrag: # 10443Beitrag SingingGandalf »

Hi
I was wondering, you know the 2 live action films, where any books made for them?
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: Were books made of the live action films?

Beitrag: # 10444Beitrag Erik »

Hello SingingGandalf,
SingingGandalf hat geschrieben:I was wondering, you know the 2 live action films, where any books made for them?
there is a "making of" book about "Asterix and Obelix take on Caesar", the first live action movie.

But there's no book about "Asterix and Obelix Mission Cleopatra".

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Maik

Beitrag: # 10445Beitrag Maik »

Do you mean were there books based on the movies or on wich movies the books were based?

Im not sure did they made book's based on the movies...

As for the Asterix comic books the movies were based on were...

The First movie is based on many albums. Moustly :
- "Asterix the Goul" (Romans kidnap Getafix and want to force him to make the magic potion + Caius Bonus appers)
- "Asterix the Legionary" (Obelix love plot)
- "Asterix and the Goths" (the druid meeting in the forest + there is a part wen Obelix dress up as Legionary named Obelus)
- "Asterix and the Cloudor" (Gouls rob the Taxman)
- "Asterix and the Soothsayer" (Prolix apperd)
[there were some monets obviusly inspaierd by the animated "Asterix vs. Cesar" (scene of Tragicomix coming to the village) and "Asterix in Britan" (the opeing scene with Cesar doing the spech, while two centurion talk in the backgroudn)]

The sond movie is 80% on "Asterix and Cleopatra". How ever there are some jokes taken from other books (for example, Pirate ship get's sunk and what is left look's like the paiting "Medusa", just like in "Asterix the Legionary")
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 10449Beitrag SingingGandalf »

I meant that when the movies were made, were books made based on the films, like 'the 12 tasks of Asterix', or 'Operation Getafix'. These were words with pictures, not in a comic format.
invisifan

Beitrag: # 10452Beitrag invisifan »

SingingGandalf hat geschrieben:I meant that when the movies were made, were books made based on the films, like 'the 12 tasks of Asterix', or 'Operation Getafix'. These were words with pictures, not in a comic format.
That has been done for each of the animated films not based on a single volume, but I don't believe any of the live films were done in that format.
SingingGandalf

Beitrag: # 10454Beitrag SingingGandalf »

Could this have been done in French?

For the Tintin live action films (sorry, I keep on going on about Tintin don't I), which were made in the 1960s - Tintin and the mystery of the Golden fleece, and Tintin and the blue oranges, there was books just like the Asterix books of the films. The english versions are VERY rare.
Zuletzt geändert von SingingGandalf am 8. April 2006 17:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
invisifan

Beitrag: # 10457Beitrag invisifan »

SingingGandalf hat geschrieben:Could this have been done in French?
No, the movies are recent enough that there would have been enough press on them for us to have heard of that here ...
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: Were books made of the live action films?

Beitrag: # 10466Beitrag Erik »

Hello,

I don't know, why you don't believe me, but as I wrote yesterday, there is only a "makiong of" book to the first live action movie - nothing else, neither in French nor in English.

When "Asterix and Obelix Mission Cleopatra" came into the cinemas, there were no extra book about this movie. They only published the old comic-album Asterix and Cleopatra with a new cover.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Antworten