What size is original Asterix arwork?

Let's talk about Asterix here...

Moderator: Jochgem

Antworten
JoeMcDuck

What size is original Asterix arwork?

Beitrag: # 23152Beitrag JoeMcDuck »

Hi there all!
I'm a US cartoonist, and (of course) a big fan of Asterix. I found myself wondering the other day how big Uderzo's original artwork for a typical Asterix page was. I know many cartoonists work much larger (time and a half or twice the eventual print size) when preparing the original work, but as Asterix (and many other European) comic books are larger than typical American comic books, it created some curiosity.

I've done a casual search of the web, and can't find any information on original artwork, or anything (such as photos of Uderzo at work) that would enable me to guess. Anybody here have an idea?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Erik
AsterIX Druid

Re: What size is original Asterix arwork?

Beitrag: # 23153Beitrag Erik »

Hallo JoeMcDuck,
JoeMcDuck hat geschrieben:I found myself wondering the other day how big Uderzo's original artwork for a typical Asterix page was.
each half-page is even larger than one of the final full-pages. You can get the whole drafts for "Asterix and the actress" in their original size in the book "Astérix et Latraviata, version luxe". It hasn't been published in english, as far as I know, so it might be difficult to get this in the USA. But one can buy it from Amazon.fr.

Regards
Erik
"Alle sollt ihr noch sehen, daß ich habe recht!" (Erik der Blonde, Die große Überfahrt, S. 5)
Antworten